It's hard to believe that it's only 16 days until Paul leaves for Argentina and I leave for California. We've been busy vacuum sealing food, setting aside gear, making reservations, and ensuring all the last minute details are falling into place. I think Paul is confident about where things are at, but probably won't rest easy until he's there, been to the summit and comes back down again. I can't say I blame him. This is a tough mountain to climb, but I know he has done his best to prepare for it and I know he has the ability to make it. I hope the weather and everything else cooperates.
Tom will be bringing his SPOT unit though we're not sure how well it will work in the Southern Hemisphere. Hopefully the "ok" messages will transmit and when I receive them I will be sure to post here letting you know when I've heard from them. Paul will be in touch when possible from Mendoza and also from Base Camp (Plaza de Mulas) and I will update here to let you know.
The countdown has officially begun!
The Mountain

Mendoza and Aconcagua Location
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments! : )