Where Are We?


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cache 1 Complete

I spoke with Paul from base camp a few minutes ago. They successfully made their cache to Camp 1 and returned back to base camp. So far they are doing fine, with only minor headaches. Morale seems to be good. They will move to Camp 1 tomorrow and continue with their push toward the summit.
My time on the phone went by so quickly and there was a lengthy delay, so it was a little tricky to talk. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask him several things. I wanted to ask him to go find the webcam and stand in front of it for a few minutes so I could get some pictures of him.
It was strange then, when I sat down at the computer after our conversation and by chance I checked the webcam. The person in the screen looked like Tom! I couldn't be sure because it was a side view shot. I refreshed the page and captured this image--which looks like Tom and Paul on the extreme right side of the shot. When I talk to him from base camp on their way down, I'll be sure to tell him to go back to the camera to take a few photos AND to stand closer so we can tell it's them! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! : )