Where Are We?


Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Fun Part of Home

Ok ok, it's taken me longer than I'd planned to get back to the blog, but as promised here is my "fun part of home" sequel... : )
After the marathon, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel, so we really didn't plan anything just in case I needed some quality rest time. Monday was spent running errands and relaxing. We talked about going to the beach, but we didn't. We did a few small projects around the house for my parents and took it easy. Tuesday was much the same. Wednesday and the rest of the week were busy because my dad had those days off. He and Paul worked on the deck and were making progress there. I clipped and groomed the dogs, helped my mom in the yard a little bit, and did other small, random projects. I got to visit with my friend Kim, visited with my adopted "family" Bob, Mary, & Terri, went swimming, and cooked a bunch too. We made jam, sorbet, ice milk, and some other great meals. But, before we knew it, the entire week was gone. : ( It went by so quickly!
Our last day in town was fairly full. We ran a bunch of errands in the morning. One stop was to get my hair cut. Back in 2003 I grew my hair long and had it cut to donate to Locks of Love. I had decided to do it again, but hadn't made the commitment to cut it before I went home. I was going back and forth and finally decided it was time. So, there I was, sitting in the chair and I was nervous! And, in the blink of an eye, 11" of hair was cut off! Once finished, I felt lighter but strange! Everyone seemed to like it or at least they told me they did to make me feel better. I wasn't sure I liked it...It made me think about our dog Checkers (rest in peace, buddy) and when summer came we'd shave him down to the skin. For several days afterwards, he would seriously look sad and depressed. I think I finally understood how he felt! : ) Strange but true.
A few last minute things, dinner, and then the drive up to SFO for our red-eye flight back to NY.
We arrived at JFK and had a connection to Albany, but apparently the 2nd seat didn't show up to work. Seriously? We waited and waited and waited. Finally we boarded and made it to Albany. Annoying! We got on the shuttle and made it to the car and the car battery was dead. Boo! We called Paul's dad and he came down to the airport to give us a jump. Unbelievably, we left a small cargo light on and over a week's time, killed the battery. Oops! After a quick meal at his parent's house, we hopped in the car for our 2 hour drive home. We stopped at the grocery store to grab some eats and it was home to prepare for our friend Derrick's arrival. A whirlwind of unpacking and Derrick arrived. We enjoyed catching up with him for the evening but were fighting the sleepies. We were exhausted (we don't sleep well on red-eyes).
Monday morning and it was back to the grind. Overall it was a great trip, but just not long enough. We had beautiful weather, got a lot accomplished around the house, enjoyed visiting with everyone, and above all appreciated the time spent at HOME. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! : )