Where Are We?


Sunday, September 19, 2010

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Even after all the snacking and pie making, we still had a ton of apples left. I found a recipe for an apple cake that looked tasty so I figured I would give that a shot today. I changed the recipe just slightly (less oil, less sugar) to make it healthier for us and also because I was using different apples than the recipe called for.
The recipe indicated to grease, sugar, and flour the pan well and not to use cooking spray. I used an unnatural amount of shortening and was hopeful it would come out of the pan. I'm usually too nervous to turn it over, so I'm glad Paul doesn't mind stepping in at that point. I think I held my breath when he flipped it. It came out! There was a big crack on top that, in Paul's words, "could have been catastrophic." : )
For now it's cooling. We'll give it a try later to see how it tastes. If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know.

Mr. & Mrs. Cluck Approve

1 comment:

Kella said...

Mmmmm, it looks so round and fluffy....

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! : )