After a busy day on Saturday, we were uncertain of what to do on Sunday. As it turned out, we worked some more.
We started out by getting the stuff out of the attic and throwing it in the dumpster. Then we took the last window in the attic out so we could scrape it down and repaint it. Once we got a coat of primer on and one coat of paint, we thought we would head out to run to Lowe's. We also decided to head to Apple Hills to do a little apple picking.
It was a beautiful morning and Apple Hills was crowded. I had called earlier to see what apples were ready for picking so we knew Honeycrisps were waiting for us.
We picked some Honeycrisps, a couple Galas, and a couple Ginger Golds. Satisfied, we headed down to the main building where we got ourselves an apple cider doughnut (donie). : ) It was quite tasty.
From there we headed toward Lowe's but stopped at the Subaru dealership to browse cars for a few minutes. It's so nice to be able to look without being hassled by salesmen. We made it to Lowe's and got what we needed then went to the car wash to vacuum my car out. It was so dirty! Poor thing! After a vacuum and a wash, it was back home to get back to work.
We first had some lunch of fresh apple, peanut butter, cheddar cheese and crackers, yum! We put the last coat of paint on the window and sill, then I headed outside to clean the inside of my car. Paul worked on some roofing on one side of the house and when I finished, I gathered up some yard waste to put to the curb.
By the end of the day, we were tired but felt like we'd accomplished a lot over the weekend. I was glad we decided to stay home after all. And with a bucket of apples still waiting for me, I think maybe tomorrow I'll bake a pie. Mmmmmmm. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments! : )