Where Are We?


Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Photo Contest Finalist

A couple weeks ago I received an email newsletter from the SPOT company. For those unfamiliar with it, SPOT is a personal locator beacon. We travel with it on each trip and it serves several purposes. First and foremost, it allows us the capability to signal for help if we need it. Second, it sends a signal every ten minutes (we've found it's usually longer than ten minutes) and this allows our family and friends to track us via Google Maps on the internet. This all works via GPS. If you are interested in viewing our SPOT page and need the password, just send me an email and I'll be glad to send it to you. For easy reference, the SPOT page is a link on the right hand side of this blog. : )
Anyway, back on track now, the email newsletter mentioned the 1st Annual SPOT Photo Contest. They were looking for photos of SPOT in use. We decided to submit a photo that Paul took while in the Sewards. I sent the photo in a couple weeks ago and didn't really think much about it. Today, I received an email stating that we were one of ten finalists who won a gift bag! While we didn't win the grand prize, we still were recognized and I believe our photo will be posted on the SPOT website. We thought that was pretty exciting! And great job to Paul for snapping a fantastic photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! : )